Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Love Me For Me
Dear Mom and Dad,
My hands are little --
I don't mean to spill my milk,
My legs are short --
Please - slow down so I can keep up with you,
When I touch something bright and shiny,
Please don't slap my hands.
Please look at me when I talk to you.
I just need to know you're listening.
Let me make mistakes without feeling stupid --
My feelings are delicate.
Please don't expect the bed I made to be perfect --
Just Love me for trying.
Remember, I am a child -- not an adult.
Sometimes I don't understand the things you say.
Please just love me for being me,
Not for the things I can do.
I love you mom and dad. You're all I have.
Unknown


Caring For Children
If you can't find the time to wash the floor,
Who will remember or care?
If you can't find the time to patch the hole in the bluejeans,
They can just wear another pair.
The dust can sit right there, for tomorrow there will be more,
If the day is too short to bake a cake,
You can always run to the store.
But if I forget to wipe a tear,
Or kiss an injured knee,
Or turn a frown upside down,
Until it chuckles with glee...
Or hear a story, read to me,
Or if I fail to stop a chat,
Or listen to unspoken words that only sad eyes can tell,
if I miss a chance to see the world through these precious eyes,
A flower, A crawling bug, a rainbow in the sky,
A new book, A birthday, then I've missed a chance to share the day,
To share the future with a child.
For children I was too busy to hear.
Children come and stay for a short while,
Then they're gone.
A hundred years from now it will not better what kind of car I drove,
Or what kind of house I lived in,
But the world may be a better place because I was important,
In the life of a child.

— Unknown


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment