Wednesday, April 11, 2012

San Antonio Trip

This week has been busy as usual! We spent the weekend in San Antonio and I am just catching up, well not really, but I am sitting down to write about it anyway! lol 

My husband found himself with the weekend off due to the Easter holiday, so we decided it was time for a road trip. We really needed to go to the beach, we have been missing the water so bad! I can't believe how quickly time passes, but it had been nearly 2 years since we had been to the beach. Now I must admit, the beaches in South Texas do not even begin to compare to the beautiful water in Florida, or even the East coast, but they will work when you are jonesen as bad as we were.
The only photo I got was with the Janitor in front!! LOL







Just hanging out at the Alamo, waiting to go inside!








The kids have been studying about the Alamo in school and we have been wanting to take them there for some time now. It is just a few hours away from us, so we thought this would be a great opportunity. We arrived early in the morning, in fact we were the first one's to get in line.




We spent most of the time in the garden looking at the beautiful flowers. We took lots of pictures, the kids found a lizard, squirrels, and even fish to take pics of. I took pictures of Hunter taking pictures, she was so cute.
The most impressive thing to me, was the vest of Davy Crockett that they had on display. The beading on the vest was amazing! It gave me a true perspective of just how far back bead work dates. I guess I have never really thought about it before.

Davy Crockett's Vest on display at the Alamo
They wouldn't let us take pictures inside, so I borrowed this one from the internet.

After lunch, we drove on to Corpus Christi and finally, got to see some water!
 We were hoping to find some seashells, but didn't have much luck. We did find one sand dollar that was not broken, but there wasn't much else to work with. So we decided to go to some sea shell shops and hopefully come up with some starfish and sand dollars for some new Barefoot Sandals, and we did. :) 
It was a wonderful weekend, a nice get away that everyone needed! I should have the new sand dollar and starfish sandals listed in my shop next week! Until then, here is a sneak peak at what I've got ready to list this week!



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment